How Adams Recovery Center Is Responding to COVID-19
Our first priority has always been maintaining the health and safety of our clients and staff, so we want to share with you some details about how we’re responding to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Worldwide, the situation evolves daily. Even amid that uncertainty, Adams Recovery Center is able to call upon its longstanding policies and procedures to ensure that we comply with the latest recommendations and prevent the spread of disease within our treatment centers.
Among the measures we’ve taken:
- Mandating infectious disease prevention training and emergency preparedness training for all employees
- Encouraging staff to wipe down surfaces such as desks, phones and keyboards frequently throughout the day
- Continuing proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials and bio-waste
- Deep cleaning each facility three times a week
- Temporarily halting family visits on Saturdays and closely controlling how family members can bring supplies and personal items to clients
- Requiring that any employee who travels outside the country not return to work for two weeks following their re-entry into the United States
- Requiring all employees to have their temperature taken prior to beginning work
We also have altered our intake process to ensure no new clients introduce COVID-19 into our centers. Our basic intake screenings now include questions about travel and family members’ travel, possible physical symptoms and contact with anyone who has been confirmed positive. All intake assessments now include a nursing evaluation for possible symptoms, as well.
Adams Recovery Center has always maintained a high level of cleanliness throughout its facilities, and we require clients to practice proper personal hygiene every day. We have instructed clients about recommended measures such as avoiding touching their faces and coughing or sneezing into their elbows, not their hands.
We’re also providing fact-based updates to our clients to counter rumors and help them process their emotions in a healthful way.
In the event a client does show symptoms of illness, we have designated quarantine areas within each facility.
If an employee shows symptoms, they will not be allowed to work until cleared by a doctor. Once a healthy employee is at work, they are not allowed to leave the facility until their shift is over, in order to minimize the chance for exposure and transmission.
We will continue to stay up to the minute on CDC and WHO recommendations, as well as the guidance coming from the State of Ohio and local boards of health. As the situation changes, we’re prepared to adjust as needed to keep every member of our Adams Recovery Center family healthy and safe.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call 513-575-0968.
We wish all the best for you and your loved ones during this unusual and unsettling time. We’ll get through it together!